Housmans is London's premier radical bookshop
We are a not-for-profit bookshop, specialising in books, zines, and periodicals of radical interest and progressive politics. We stock the largest range of radical newsletters, newspapers and magazines of any shop in Britain.
Ordering books from Housmans online
Use the button on the right to go straight to our online bookshop - the ethical alternative to Amazon, with over 500,000 titles - or click on one of the buttons below, which relate directly to the stock we hold in the shop.
Booklists at Housmans Housmans Specials
|Helps you browse some of our key areas of interest, showing a selection of the books we have in-store or which are available online.|
Housmans Top 5
1. ‘No Glory: The Real History of the First World War’ by Neil Faulkner (Stop the War Coalition, 2014) – £4
2. ‘Against Austerity: How We Can Fix the Crisis They Made’ by Richard Seymour (Pluto Press, 2014) – £12.99
3. ‘Undercover: The True Story of Britain’s Secret Police’ by Rob Evans and Paul Lewis (Faber & Faber, 2013) – £12.99
4. ‘To End All Wars: A Story of Protest and Patriotism in the First World War’ by Adam Hochschild (Pan Macmillan, 2012) – £9.99
5. ‘Revolting Subjects: Social Abjection and Resistance in Neoliberal Britain’ by Imogen Tyler (Zed Books, 2013) – RRP: £16.99, Housmans price: £12.99
Latest Blog Post
Book recommendations for Autumn
‘The Establishment: And how they get away with it’ by Owen Jones (Penguin 2014) - £16.99
In The Establishment, Owen Jones, author of the international bestseller Chavs, offers a biting critique of the British Establishment and a passionate plea for democracy.
‘Inequality and the 1%’ by Danny Dorling (Verso 2014) – £12.99
Inequality is more than just economics, it is the [...]
Housmans Peace Diary 2015
Every year we publish the world-renowned Housmans Peace Diary. Te forthcoming 62nd edition will be available from October 1st 2014. As well as the diary and peace directory, the 2105 edition looks at the origins of the Women's International League for Peace and Freedom in 1915, as women campaigned against the First World War, and at women's peace campaigning in the century since.
£1 Book Basement
Deep down in the Housmans basement we have a vast, diverse, and ever-changing selection of second-hand books at the truly bargain price of £1.
There are lots of great titles, primarily politics and fiction, but also a lot more besides. There's always new stock coming in, so do drop in regularly to get the best of the bunch.
Please donate your old books
Please support one of Britain’s last radical bookshops by donating your books to Housmans. Not only will you be keeping your books alive and in circulation, but also helping to support the shop.
Cash will be paid for uncommon and unusual titles, and we shall endeavour to collect from anywhere in the country.
Please contact Nik on 020 7837 4473 or at email@example.com for more information.Thank you for your support.